Monday, February 15, 2010

Soooooooooo, today I finally take Pride in saying that I have a Bachelors Degree in COMMUNICATIONS!!!

Have I Mastered it yet...No
Do I have a Masters in it yet...No
Am I the most articulate person in the world...No, I even stutter sometimes.
Do I sometimes say things in a way that isn't most pleasing to the ears...Dayuum Right!!!

Even with all of my Communication flaws...I am No longer ashamed to admit ----
I spent a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY so that I can learn how to COMMUNICATE ;-)

Okay, I will admit...I am being a little sarcastic, but a part of me shares this with good intentions.

Let me tell you about my day...

*in my French accent* Wait, I'll spare the details & give you what I came up with after 'a many conversations...

It is my belief that COMMUNICATION is to blame for 90% of your Failed or Successful Business & Personal relationships.

DISCLAIMERs:
1) I don't know what makes up the other 10% yet & 1 day, the numbers might change...Who knows ;-)
and
2) This could just be a knock-off version of a Great 13th Century Philosopher's findings...It's even a possibility that I've seen this quote before & just don't remember...I'm not sure...But I do know that those words never made as much sense to me as they do today...

Soooooo, I've taken the liberty to share with you some of the quotes I just Googled that address COMMUNICATING because after I read them, I am certain now that COMMUNICATION REALLY IS A BIG FRICKIN DEAL!!!

With All of that being said - I'd like to Thank WMU's Communications Department (Especially Dr. Spellers, Dr. Potter, Dr. Hearit) because I am Proud to have studied COMMUNICATIONS during my Undergrad & hopefully 1 Day, How I COMMUNICATE will afford me to pay off all the loans/money it cost me...

Wait a sec...Maybe had I just read these quotes first...I wouldn't have so much debt.

Oh well, "Spilled Milk" as the say

At least I met some GREAT people & learned how to research at the same time...So enjoy these quote
&
Til Next Time...COMMUNICATE w/COMPASSION
Ms. Dia
;-)


“First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.” - Epictetus

“Communication works for those who work at it.” -John Powell

"Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

“To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others." = Anthony Robbins

“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” -Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment