Friday, February 5, 2010

Soooooooooooooooo, I'm in a DETroit State of Mind right now...I know it might sound cliche, but seriously...I am! Soooooooo, I felt like hearing Monica Blaire sing "I'm From Deeeeeeeeeeeetroit" & I went to Youtube only to find that a number of versions are now available...Okay, so I went thru all of them & here is my take on each song...The Good! The Bad & The WTF were U thinkin!

DISCLAIMER: My City is like a Family Member...Yeah, the Family can Talk about her, but when people outside of the Family talk about her...It hit my ears in a way I'm not too happy with...Anyways, let's go!

Ro Spit & Monica Blaire
- Renaissance State of Mind ( Official Video ) by VANDAL



GOOD: Well Executed...Tight Verses...Video Quality is Dope...MONICA killed that hook!!! GO MONICA!

BAD:
I can honestly say I HATE when people say they rep a city that they are not from. Tho Ro acknowledged he's from Pontiac (Whatup Yac-town)...I'm NOT feelin that!

UGLY: They did such a good job with it (especially Monica) that I keep it in Heavy Rotation...Just wish Slum V, Royce, Boog Brown or Black Milk would've connected w/Monica to get it done...Still Wish U the Best Ro ;-)


DETROIT STATE OF MIND BY HIIP HOP




GOOD: I really liked his verses...I thought it was a good representation of Detroit...Intelligent, yet Hood ;-)...and...The news clips were good!

BAD: Tho I liked the Clips, that song is All about the release you get when it's time to SING!

UGLY: Ro already got Monica...Dayuum!



D-Boy - Factory State of Grind (Empire State of Mind/Detroit Version)




GOOD: He Admitted that he is NOT from Detroit...Str8 up, when Young Whites (18-35) claim they are from Detroit...DO A BACKGROUND CHECK...Hey, I Love my White folks, but TRUST when I say, if we're talking about Detroit-Detroit...Ummmmmmmmmmm, it's not hard to find out if they were Really raised there because it was only like 5 in every school. Another Good...Dude can Rhyme & it was Smart, Clever...I liked it.

BAD:
Lil Momma didn't move me all that much, but she was cool.

UGLY:
Ummmmmmmmm, don't really have anything else to say...I liked him.

Detroit State of Mind - Mike Young & Karolina McGovern



GOOD: I'M AN AMERICAN & I HAD THE RIGHT TO EXIT OUT OF THAT BS! Wait, It was 1 Good thing...I LMAO @ the Chick creepin around the corner on the hook like she was about to Go to Church on us...;0

BAD:
WE DON'T HAVE A PATROL BOOTH SET UP ONLINE THAT WILL DO THE BACKGROUND CHECK I MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS SECTION...I GOTTA SEE YOUR TRANSCRIPT FELLA, IF IT'S NOT AT LEAST 1 DPS on THERE...CITIZENSHIP REVOKED!

UGLY: It's was soooooooooo Ugly, I Cried ;-)

DETROITers....What's your take on the songs?

I'm out,

Ms. Dia

No comments:

Post a Comment